Dear teachers- this letter comes from a flute teacher colleague on the eastside:
We would like to introduce you to a new non-profit organization that shares our passion – The Bellevue Music Collaborative. The primary mission of this new organization is to rent a space in Bellevue and support independent music teachers giving private lessons in all instruments with music of all genres to students of all ages. We also want to create an environment of collaboration between teachers and students of various instruments, help each other succeed with shared marketing and peer-to-peer mentoring, hold performances for the public, and offer scholarships to students. Our plan is to open this new co-op in 2018!
We are currently working out an arrangement for a 1-year lease of some classrooms at a private school, and hope to fund raise this year to support a commercial space for 2019-2020. Our awesome fundraising video is almost complete! We have drafts of By-Laws and a Membership Agreement in the works, and are poised to become a fiscally-sponsored non-profit through Shunpike Arts Collective. And we have a web presence:
If you share our passion and see the value in music education, we are asking for your help. Here are some things we are looking for:
- More Teachers to join us – we’re looking for teachers to help shape the organization, join as members of our community, and rent space to teach lessons in Bellevue. Can you spread the word to other independent music teachers you know?
- Folks to lead our Board of Directors – especially those passionate about music education, with experience in the areas of Law, Finance, Fundraising, Non-Profit Management, Real Estate, or Business! Do you know anyone (maybe you) who might be interested?
- Money – we will be launching a fundraising campaign soon to create our ideal space, as well as start our scholarship fund. Can you be a founding donor to this new organization?
- Contractors willing to offer services at a reduced rate – we’ve discovered that creating the right sound barriers for music rooms is more expensive than we thought. Do you know a company willing to make an in-kind donation to reduce the cost of the build-out?
- We’d like to add you to our shared email newsletter list, so we can keep you “in the loop” — please see the website for how to opt in.
Thank you so much for your support! We are thrilled to be working with this dedicated group of teachers, and know this new organization is going to do amazing things. See you soon!
- We are open to all instruments and voice at this point!
- Our goal is the Lake Hills area—there is a lack of music schools in the area, and lots of families with kids.
- Parking is also a non-negotiable, and will be readily available in the space we are currently looking at.
- Rehearsal / performance venue availability is also a consideration which we are working hard to see realized. Current negotiation does include one full-sized classroom space.
- If anyone is interested in learning more, our meeting schedule is listed on the website—we’d love to have people drop in! Now is the time to input your ideas.