The Simon-Fiset competition was established to encourage young students of the Seattle Music Teachers Association (SMTA) to continue the serious study of music and to acknowledge exceptional ability, application and meritorious accomplishment by awarding monetary prizes in the area of composition, piano, string instruments, wind instruments, and voice.
Simon-Fiset schedule for 2018 at-a-glance:
- Piano Division: February 3-4, 2018, Kerry Hall, Cornish College; Chair (TBD)
- Strings Division: March 5, 2018; Jan Coleman, Chair
- Piano and Strings Winners Recital: May 2018
- Composition Division: Application Deadline March 2018; GraceAnn Cummings, Chair
- Composition Winners Recital: May 2018
- Woodwinds – TBD Pending Interest
- Voice – TBD
The Simon-Fiset Piano Competition will be held February 3 & 4, 2018. The competition is open to students up to the age of 18 who have not graduated from high school. Categories include the following: Primary (Grades 4 and under), Elementary (Grades 5-6), Middle (Grades 7-8), Junior (Grades 9-10) and Senior (Grades 11-12).
Application Deadline: Postmark and online registration deadline is Friday, January 12, 2018. Late applications will NOT be accepted. Click to view full competition guidelines, process and application form.
The Strings Division competition will take place on March 5th, 2018. The postmark registration deadline is February 12, 2018.
The Composition application deadline will be in March 15, 2018.