The Simon-Fiset competition was established to encourage young students of the Seattle Music Teachers Association (SMTA) to continue the serious study of music and to acknowledge exceptional ability, application and meritorious accomplishment by awarding monetary prizes in the area of composition, piano, string instruments, wind instruments, and voice.
Simon-Fiset schedule for 2018 at-a-glance:
- Piano Division: February 3-4, Kerry Hall, Cornish College
- Strings Division: March 5; Jan Coleman, Chair
- Piano and Strings Winners Recital: May 2018
- Composition Division: Application Deadline March 15; GraceAnn Cummings, Chair
- Composition Winners Recital: May 2018
- Woodwinds – TBD Pending Interest
- Voice – TBD
The Simon-Fiset Piano Competition was held February 3 & 4. The competition is open to students up to the age of 18 who have not graduated from high school. Categories include the following: Primary (Grades 4 and under), Elementary (Grades 5-6), Middle (Grades 7-8), Junior (Grades 9-10) and Senior (Grades 11-12).
Congratulations to all of our competitors! Click to view the 2018 Simon-Fiset piano winners list.
The Strings Division competition took place on March 5th.
Congratulations to all of our competitors! Click to view the 2018 strings winners list.
The Composition application deadline was March 15th.